A downloadable game for Windows
Untethered is a twin-stick shooter RPG project for Windows, Mac & Linux. Fight dinosaurs on your way to freedom!
You play as Magellan, the explorer. You've been captured by the natives in an island. you need to break free and make your way back to your ship.
But really, the game is not really about the story. Mostly about fighting wild beasts with weapons and, huh, explosive strategy. Also it's not a big game, enough with the big projects!
- WASD to move
- Q to switch between teleporter slots
- Right click to set your teleporter down
- Left click to shoot
- Shift to run
- Esc for 'back' (menu, etc.), Enter for 'select'
Controller support is experimental, but exists. No particular setup required, just make sure your controller is plugged in before the game starts. Game engine is designed with remappable controls in mind, but there's no interface to do so yet.
The current build is the game as we left it after our weeklong in-house jam, it features:
- Player sprite with two animations, raptor sprite
- Some basic AI (but the raptors won't hurt you)
- Two weapon types, but c'mon, rockets are better
- Particle system! Not too optimized yet.
- Menu, loading screen, pause menu
- Keyboard/mouse & controller support
- Some version of part of the soundtrack that's not even final.
So why bother creating this page / uploading it at all? Eh, we'd like to keep working on it on and off, it's not as huge as Jaakan so there's a chance it'll end up "more finished". It could be cool to get feedback while adding to it little by little.
- Jeremy Clarke / @geckojsc - Code, music
- Sylvain Wenger / @bigsylvain - Graphics, music
- Amos Wenger / @fasterthanlime - Code, music
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.23 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.